Re: [Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?

To: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 09:37:23 -0700
Jim,

Generally vacuum relays designed for hot switching have copper based contacts while the others are tungsten based. My tests with the RF1D were due to the fact that I scavenged it from a piece of used gear and didn't really care about the specs. I built a little tester that can drive any relay and has a 1k ohm resistor across each contact. Then you can see the make, the transfer, and the break (including any bouncing) very easily with a scope.

See http://www.w0qe.com/Technical_Topics/relay_operate-release_tester.html

Also I tested a bunch of small signal relays at RF with hot switching with very interesting results

See http://www.w0qe.com/Technical_Topics/small_signal_relays_at_rf.html

73,
Larry, W0QE