Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 21:37:50 -0700

On Sun, 03 May 2015 19:19:41 -0400, you wrote:

>Yes, that is *exactly* what Bird meant.  The specifications in my
>Bird Model 43 Instruction Book say: "Accuracy - +/- 5% of Full Scale
>Power".

REPLY:

That's not the way I read it. What the above means is that the full
scale power reading (in this case 2500 watts) will be accurate within
5%.  DO NOT READ ANYTHING ELSE INTO THAT STATEMENT.

That statement does not apply to 1/3 scale, 1/2 scale or any other
reading beside full scale. You can make your own assumptions, but they
are YOUR assumptions, not Bird's.

73, Bill W6WRT