Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 16:45:28 +0800
Your pills Steve. You forgot to take your pills mate.  :-)

73, Alek
VK6APK

On 8/01/2017 2:57 PM, Steve Wright wrote:
On 08/01/17 04:45,  Jim Garland <4cx250b@miamioh.edu> wrote:
I don't want to be argumentative, but I think the above perspective is
dangerously misguided. I've been homebrewing ham equipment since I was
twelve,

Oh puhleaaaaaze!

Here we have ten rules from someone who broke them all, advice from someone who wrote lots of magazine articles, and in the end his advice for newbies is "dont".

Get a grip! Do you realise how many home constructors would never start a project at all if they took your advice?

I call bullshit. 90% of the "quality advice" of I have received from hams is all about how awesome they are and how I should never hook anything up over 300V.

Firstly ;

1.) It aint hard to verbatim copy someone elses GS-35b internet project (theres lots of them to copy) and burn a hole in something expensive with it.

2.) You're not a god.  Other people have a brain as well.

3.) Consider the harm you do to ham construction with your dire warnings.

Just build something you want to use and keep - thats my advice. If punters don't have the brain cells to rewind a 2KVA isolating transformer for 4KV, and can't youtube how to cut aluminium with a skillsaw, then I promise you - they AINT gunna be hooking up a homemade amp incorrectly - coz they wont fucking HAVE one!

And would members kindly quit spooking newbies with all this IMD shit talk!

Go build it already.  Start today.

From sunny Binningup
Our new house.
https://17coronation.wordpress.com