Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?
From: Charles Farr <cefarr@hughes.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 06:39:55 -0800
Interesting topic.....I feel that the key here is parental involvement. Know what your kids are doing. Amateur Radio Clubs, Elmers, for the neophyte, the learning curve is steep, and so much depends on individual ability and curiousity. Even the low B+ voltages is a tube-type receiver can be dangerous, even lethal, certainly painful and life-changing. Understanding what you're dealing with and study can prevent most "aw-s..t" moments. Many things we do without much concern over how dangerous they are a part of life.

Chuck, W6AJW