Re: [Amps] 3-500Z cool down time

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>, "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z cool down time
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:17:31 -0400
The 3CX1000A7 preceeded the 3CX1200A7 and what followed later.

Ive been using a TV translator 70's date code pull in my 2M amp for 35 years and it still shows the same 1800W max at the same drive level.

Unfortunately for us hams it uses the same overpriced ridiculous style of base and socket as the 4CX1000A/1500B.

The only ham use I am aware of was the Alpha 70 plus the vapor phase cooled 70V version. The switched to the 8877 as soon as it came out.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>