Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 08:49:55 +1300
On 11/11/17 07:16, Richard Solomon wrote:
Just a thought ... has anyone done
any calculations on the values for
a Pi-Network ?

I built one.  It's enormous.  It's not going to fit in any existing linear amp cabinet.

There are a number of amp designs on the Internet.  I decided I wanted to revisit the period not just with the band, but with the technology as well, and I have a 4-400 tube and socket lying around, so I copied an Internet-sourced design, but seriously, that is the difficult way.

If you want a tidy little box, then copy an existing compact MOSFET amp - there are plenty about.