Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a No RS-232

To: Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a No RS-232
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 17:25:12 -0400
Thanks, Mark.  This is not my first rodeo.  I use the RealTerm suite to
monitor, analyze and monitor RS232.
As I  said in an earlier post, I use Digiport Terminal servers (Rs-232 over
IP) to eliminate many of the PC isssues.

It’s too bad Alpha had not socketed these ICs from the start.  However, if
you measured the QSO-to-Repair ratio on the 87as, I think you would be
looking at 300,000 to 1 or more.  So not much to complain about!

73,

Gerry W1VE