Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Transmit

To: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Transmit
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 09:38:08 -0500
I don't know about the new DX Eng. crimp PL259s, but I've had an older
crimp male go intermittent with the braid to metal crimp after a few
years of use.  I'm still soldering but almost all of my 3/8 inch
flexible line is RG213 and indoors used as jumpers and runs to
matching networks.   The intermittent wasn't a full open, but rather
an erratic receive signal loss of 10 to 20 dB that was irritating and
hard to find.  I found it by accident one day.  That crimp connector
jumper is out of here.

73
Rob
K5UJ