Re: [Amps] Slow start-up of Amps on CW

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Slow start-up of Amps on CW
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 15:29:26 -0400
On the other hand, there are workarounds available.  People started telling me that my callsign was being clipped soon after I got my KPA-1500 (my old SB-220 had homebrew QSK).  I found lead-time settings in my Winkeyer setup and in N1MM that let me delay CW until my amp was up to speed (50 ms) and similarly hold-in after the last character was sent.  No more problems here.

I wondered if the pattern of busted spots on the RBN might also reflect such issues, but so far, running together of characters - "TES TN4ZR" - seems much more prevalent.

73, Pete N4ZR