Collegiate Championship CW results

Subject: Collegiate Championship CW results
From: barron@liant.com (Robert Barron)
Date: Wed Nov 15 10:48:52 1995
The Collegiate Championship's phone portion will take place this
weekend during the phone SS contest.  Please try and get your
university or alma mater club station on the air if only for a
short period of time.  The "rules" of the event are at the end
of this message.

The CW portion's unofficial results are below.  If there are any
other scores that are not on this list please let me know.

Call    School                QSOs  Sect  Score
----    ------                ----  ----  -----
KP4VA   Univ. of Puerto Rico  1257   75  188,550
WO9S    Univ. of Chicago       751   76  114,152
W4ATC   North Carolina State   525   74   77,700
KC5OJY  Baylor Univ.           360   72   51,840
W1YU    Yale Univ.             144   52   14,976
W5EHM   Univ. of Texas          52   33    3,432
W6BHZ   California Poly         28   21    1,176

Call    Operators
----    ---------
KP4VA   KP4TK
WO9S    WO9S, AB4RL
W4ATC   NA4G, KO4PY, N3QYE
KC5OJY  KK5KN???
W1YU    WI2E
W5EHM   KA5WSS
W6BHZ   KC6CEX, KC6IZR, KC6QOQ

Second Annual North American Collegiate Amateur Radio Club
Championship

1. Object: For college and university stations in all ARRL (American
Radio Relay League) and RAC (Radio Amateurs of Canada) sections to
participate in the ARRL November Sweepstakes and compete against other
college and university radio clubs.

2. Contest Rules: CW portion takes place on first full weekend of
November (Nov 4-6),  phone portion takes place on third full weekend
of November (Nov 18-20).  Both start on Saturday 2100 UTC and end on
Monday 0300 UTC. All rules,  as stated in the October issue of QST,
pertain to this collegiate competition.

3. Station Location: In an effort to encourage club station
improvements all contacts must be made from the established club
radio station located on a college campus.  No "portable" operation
from a nearby contest "super station".  A club may operate from a
member's station provided that a club station on campus does not
exist.

4. Results:  Separate champions will be determined for CW, phone and
combined scores.  Official results will be based on those published
in QST so all participants are required to submit a valid log to the
ARRL.  Participants must also submit a score summary (the contest
summary sheet, NOT a complete log!) to the collegiate contest
moderator.  Provisional scores and winners will be posted on the
ham-univ and cq-contest Internet mail reflectors by the moderator.
Send results to:

        Internet:       barron@liant.com
        Mail:           Robert Barron
                        P.O. Box 180703
                        Austin, TX 78718

5. Awards:  To be determined.  Certificates will be printed.

This means:
1. Not limited to multi-op single transmitter if multiple ops not
available.  Single op efforts may submit their score as their official
school effort.
2. Not limited to US stations only (US, US possessions and Canada).
3. All club members allowed to participate (including alumni,  not
just students).
4. Club station rule waived when no club station exists.

Jeff Tucker (N9HZQ) is keeping an Internet list of college clubs that
are planning on participating in this year's Collegiate Championship.
To add your club to the list send Email (with your club's name and
callsign) to:
       jefft@atlanta.com

Robert Barron, KA5WSS                 barron@liant.com
Liant Software Corporation            Hook 'Em Horns!