Results-everyday logging survey

Subject: Results-everyday logging survey
From: Hamk0luz@aol.com (Hamk0luz@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 8 13:15:21 1995
>I can see the usefullness of a daily logging program for windows, but when
>you're contesting, you should be contesting, right? The survey was directed
>at everyday programs. Haven't tried Dave, WJ2O's program yet, maybe it's an
>all-in-one program.

I am using DXBase with Windows 95 and it works great when using other
programs.   With the old Windows 3.1,  when I put DXBase in the back
ground,  it would not actively update at the time spots were received.
There was a way to hold the new spots until you brought the screen
back to active status,  but it was a hassle.   With Windows 95,  I can
be running my word processor,  games, etc.  and it will give me the
appropriate sounds when a new spot comes in and I can tab to the
program and see if I should get excited.

I do have some problems getting enough memory to run auxillary
programs off DXBase,  but that's just a configuration problem I
haven't taken the time to fight through.

DXBase works great to dump in DX Contest Calls after contests, and
the one situation where I contacted them regarding a problem,  it was
solved reasonable quick and satisfactory.   And yes,  I agree that to
bemoan the fact that you are getting an "unrecognized country"
simply means you haven't read the manual or feel up to using
your head!

73
Red
K0LUZ/4