[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spike Lazar)
Date: Mon Jan 19 20:01:12 1998
>Snip from Tom, K5RC.....At 10:40 AM 1/19/98 EST wrote:

>Just a gentle reminder. The NAQP is a BAREFOOT contest. It is
>very obvious when a station is 20-30db louder than anyone elese
>in their region, that they forgot to turn the amp off. On 160,
>it was particularly obvious.

Tom,

Welcome to 160 meters (The Gentlemen's band), look at it on the
positve side. This weekend for the CQ 160 dx test when you can
legally run 1500 watts you will only be down 10-20 db to these
gentlemen.

In my post after the Stew Perry, I suggested the gang turn the
amps down to 1500 watts, not one public remark was posted to this
reflector. But, my mail box was filled with reports of the big amp
stations and their calls.

If your amp has more than one 8877 or two 3CX800's or 4CX800's
your more than suspect.

For Export Only!  heh heh

Antenna's by Svetlana

Spike W9XR