[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Tue Jan 20 11:49:29 1998
I would support the 100W class and QRP.  I think most rigs can be toned
down to 100 watts.  Whether anyone will or not is another topic.

Mike
W0MU

From: Rich Hallman N7TR" <n7tr@rnodx.org (Rich Hallman N7TR)

>> The rules state 150 watts output.  I wonder how many guys with 100 watt
>> rigs used the amp throttled back to 150 watts on the watt meter?
>
>When we drafted the rules we thought that 150W or 100W... What's the
>difference?  Personally I dont see that it makes any.  I use my
>FT1000MP's in the NAQP with no amp.  95W out on one of them and 110W out
>on the other one.  I've never felt disadvantaged to the 1000D crowd.
>
>Changing the rules to 100W works for me though.
>
>73
>
>Bill, W4AN

   Hmmm......If people are breaking the rules at 150 watts, what makes
anyone think that moving the power to 100 watts will be any different??

    How many of these 90 db over guys will send in a log??  How many of
these guys were just giving out Q's and/or testing a new install??

    If I got on for a few hours and worked guys with 1500 watts testing a
rebuilt amp and am not sending in a log or send in just a CHECK log.....Am I
in the wrong??  Should everyone who worked me delete their contact and/or
mult they got from me???

Food for thought.......No flames....There are enough politics in the hobby
already...

See ya!   Rich N7TR