[CQ-Contest] Re: SHORTEN CONTESTS?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SHORTEN CONTESTS?
From: JEH@on.mobile.telia.se (Jan-Erik Holm)
Date: Fri Apr 17 12:16:47 1998
>It seems like it's time once again to regurgitate the silly notions of
>micro-managing the rules of contests to suit our individual needs.
>BETTER YET: If you're REALLY serious about maximizing your fun and
>competitiveness, get on an airplane, plug your radio into a Caribbean
>island tri-bander, and find-out what some of us learned many years ago.
>Downside risk to this is, of course, you may not want to go home.

Very stupid indeed. Jim Neiger dont be so ignorant, not everybody has
as much money as you. Wake up, open your eyes and hopefully you will
discover the plain human being.

>I believe that KQ2M, NH7A, and K3ZO are right-on.  Shorten the WPX to 30
>hours? Nah, I vote for 48 hours.  In fact, maybe we should go back to
>the ARRL DX format of 30 years ago of 96 hours per mode?  Now THAT was
>fun!  Four 48 hour weekends jammed into Feb/March.  Love it!
>
>If contests are such fun, why do we want to limit them?

Same again. It shouldnt be a playground just for the elite, it must
be broad enough to be able to atract the plain ham.

>And may I apologize FOR my dear friend Trey Garlough?  He obviously has
>temporarily taken leave of his senses. Trey knows that anything less
>than 48 hours is quiche-ville.  Kids these days, they just don't seem to
>want to learn.

Mr Trey Garlough is probably one of the few that still got the senses
safe and sound.

>                Vy 73
Stop monkey around and go back to the old format 30 hours.

>                  Jim Neiger
>                  N6TJ/ZD8Z

73 de Jim SM2EKM