[CQ-Contest] Cut [Serial] Numbers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cut [Serial] Numbers
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed Jun 2 19:49:03 1999
On  2 Jun 99, Tom Osborne <w7why@harborside.com> wrote:

> Why doesn't everybody just enter what they receive.  That is what
> I do.  If I receive TAEA, that is what I put in the number
> field.  If the contest sponsors don't like that, let them deal
> with it.  73
> Tom W7WHY

Cuz you'll lose credit for the QSO, then you won't like it!

Writing a letter where a number should go never crosed my mind until I
was the log checker for the NY State QSO Party for a few years in the
70s, when I saw guys writing (yes, back in the days of "writing") 5NN
in the report field.
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club