[CQ-Contest] In response to K5MA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] In response to K5MA
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Jan 12 12:41:26 2002
Jan, one of the pervasive problems that fuels dissatisfaction with ARRL
management is the lack of information provided the membership.  Had we not
heard about this quite by accident, both contest reporting and Section News
would have been cut from the magazine at next week's Board Meeting with no
open discussion among the affected members.

I know it is tempting to try to keep the members in the dark, because we
are a fractious and argumentative bunch.  But ultimately, it comes back to
bite you.  You would have us understand the financial situation of the
ARRL, but the information that is available on which to base such judgments
is flatly inadequate.  In fact, from what is on the web site, things sound
pretty rosy.

In sum, if the ARRL wants member support, you have to tell us what you're
up to, and why.

73, Pete N4ZR

The revised World Contest
Station Database