[CQ-Contest] Old topic - New Wrinkle

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Old topic - New Wrinkle
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Wed Jan 22 01:35:46 2003
I'm all for it Tom.  Interestingly, a similar discussion
just broke out on the TCG reflector.  Specifically, that
a serious guest op who has someone help him (e.g. fix an
antenna) DURING the contest has a significant advantage over
the op who must do it himself.  The advantage is as much mental
as technical or physical.  I would have given my eyeteeth to
have someone help me when everything broke here during CW SS.
But I'm not sure I would have felt like a single op if I did.
I also agree that a separate catrgory is unnecessary.  Maybe
just a marker, like there used to be for LP & QRP in the Sprints.

-Kirk  K4RO