[CQ-Contest] Endless CQing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Endless CQing
From: rustyhill@earthlink.net (Russell Hill)
Date: Tue Feb 25 09:47:09 2003
Interesting idea.

IMveryHO:

1.  Less QRM between Big Guns.
2.  Just as much or more total QRM, but now between half as many Big Guns
and twice as many or more "Hunting Rifles".
3.  Less advantage to Big Guns who put in the money, time, and energy to
become Big Guns.  But maybe there is just not enough Bandwidth to accomodate
a fairly large number of Big Guns.
4.   For Small Pistol S+Pers, more CQing Big Guns and Hunting Rifles to S+P.
5.   For the Big Guns, a specified time they are not losing Qs, in relation
to other Big Guns, while they S+P (muscle) their way through the CQing
stations.  Rate would drop some, but I would guess the Top Ops would be able
to S+P and keep the rate fairly high.

Although I am just setting up to get back in contesting and will never be a
Big Gun, I am against "legislating away" the advantage enjoyed by the Big
Guns and Top Ops.  They have earned it.

Nonetheless, any proposal which would have the effect of reducing QRM while
allowing the Big Guns to continue to be Big Guns seems to be worth
discussion.

73, Rusty, NA5TR