[CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!
From: ik4wmh@virgilio.it (Steve IK4WMH)
Date: Tue Aug 5 16:26:05 2003
Hello Nat,

NH> I make a note of that person's call sign and I simply don't call
NH> them in contests anymore. I don't care if they would be a
NH> multiplier for me or whatever, I simply continue tuning.

Since I don't have any 160m antenna, I once started CT up and filled a
test file with the callsigns of those NO-QSLer's, all on the 160m
band, then I use that file during contests and when the contest is
over I delete all the 160m QSOs before sending my log in.

When I go tuning the bands and hear a call which results already
worked on the 160m band I skip it and go work the next one.

This way I don't have to remember all those callsigns, and that's a
good thing because the list of the NO-QSLer's is getting bigger by
the day.

I usually do this when I'm casual contesting at home...when I'm guest
operating at some multi station I work anyone.

Famous Sport Quotes:

"We now have exactly the same situation as we had at the start
 of the race, only exactly the opposite"
Murray Walker, Formula 1 motor racing commentator

Steve, IK4WMH            mailto:ik4wmh@virgilio.it