[CQ-Contest] Fw: On Line Logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: On Line Logs
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:06:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Sent: Nov 16, 2003 9:08 AM
To: Contest@cq-contest.com
Subject: On Line Logs

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that on line logs are being made available
in various modes before the contest submission deadlines.  I make no comment on
anyone's intention being anything less than honorable in posting it or their
right to do so.  But an on-line log prior to the submission deadline allows an
unscrupulous operator to check to see if he is indeed "in the log" for a
potentially valuable mult before submitting.  Seems like a loophole that we, as
a contest community, need to fix, in my opinion.

LOTW for one, could block posting data until submission deadline.  Comments?

Ed  N1UR