Re: [CQ-Contest] IC7800 -

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IC7800 -
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:42:54 -0600

Fo that reason I never buy the latest of anything  but rather wait some 12
months before
considering buying.  That has saved me a lot of agrevation over the years !

Rag--does waiting really work? I am still waiting for Yaesu to fix their key clicks and the wait continues through three MODELS. And they STILL don't get it.

They seem to ramp up their production line and won't stop it for
any needed mods, nor do they seem to listen when they do each
successive generation.  I know that when I once sent my IC-781
in for repairs, after a number of years of good service, I asked Icom
to incorporate any factory mods into it as well.  They said there were
none.  At the time I believed that maybe the design was so good that
they never found anything to improve.   Now I wonder if it is just that
they don't want to admit any mistakes.  Is the hari-kari tradition
still alive in Japan?  We are not really expecting the design engineers
to fall on their own swords.  Just change a couple of 2-cent parts.

73 and (grins) John W0UN

---