[CQ-Contest] SO2R Again

To: "'David Hachadorian'" <K6LL@adelphia.net>,"'cq-contest reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Again
From: "Mike Fatchett, W0MU" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:35:21 -0700
I just completed my first SO2R contest and I can say that It could be
improved.  The second station with low power is  not fun.  I got trounced
and trounced. It might be fine for finding mults and moving the big stuff to
actually work it.

I would have been very nice to be able to switch the 40m beam to the 2nd
station while the main rig was on 75.  Run separate feed lines to your
antennas and figure out  a way to share them safely.

Dave's other comments are dead on.  Having everything auto switch on its own
would be great.  I had to manual change the band pass filters and tune the
amp each time.  Auto tune amps are a tad pricey but they would sure be nice.

So would a 2nd 200 ft tower!

I found the 2nd radio to be greatly distracting.  I got better as time went
on but am nowhere need competent at 2 radio operation.

Mike
W0MU