Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, <k1ep.list@gmail.com>,"Simon Pearson" <lists+1@attenuate.org>, "Art RX9TX" <rx9tx@qrz.ru>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:37:50 -0400
I think I see a solution to *all* of the complaints
about CQ Magazines' running of the CQWW contests:

    Allow *only* CQ Magazine subscribers to participate
      in the CQ-sponsored contests (CQWW, WPX, 160, etc.).
      QSOs with all other stations are invalid, and
      penalized.

Advantages:

  1) A few more contesters will subscribe to CQ Magazine
      so they can continue to participate. More $$ for CQ
      Magazine.

  2) All participants will receive the results by mail.
      No need to pretend to maintain a CQ contest presence
      on the web (cost savings).

  3) The severe decrease in participation will take the
      load off the poor contest volunteers processing
      logs.

  4) Plaques and certificates can be sent in a timely
      manner, since the volunteers' time has been freed
      up, and falling participation has greatly decreased
      the number of awards to be sent.

  5) The Expense of sending awards will be decreased (since
      there are fewer of them to send), so CQ Magazine gets
      to keep more $$.

  6) Fewer contesters will need to make a decision between
      traveling to DX for CQWW CW and having Thanksgiving
      with the family.

  7) As participation and interest spirals down, the number
      of pages in CQ Magazine for contest coverage can
      decrease, allowing space for more advertisements and
      articles reviewing handhelds and describing obscure
      new digital modes.

;-)

73,  Jeff  K8ND