Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R -- revised opinion?

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R -- revised opinion?
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:24:46 -0600
> I sympathize, but like many practices we accept, I don't think that
because
> some people aren't yet adept at SO2R is a reason to punish those who are.

It is not a matter of punishment it is a matter of information, accuracy and
learning.

> It's still a legitimate skill worthy of reward and worthy of allowing an
> operator to rise above the pack if he's able to do it.

It depends which pack you want to be compared to. When I am SO1R I want to
be compared to other SO1R competitors. When I am  SO2R I want to be compared
to SO2R. Why you ask  because I know SO2R has advantages in some contest ...
I use it from time to time.

I am bewildered by SO2R competitors that want to be compared to SO1R
competitors and feel that if they were only compared to other SO2R stn they
are being punishment.

It seems to me it isn't a matter of punishment but a matter accuracy. Better
information increases our ability to learn!

Syl

Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK