Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN call confirmed by LOTW ?!?!?!!?

To: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN call confirmed by LOTW ?!?!?!!?
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:48:54 -0500
Hi Jamie,

B doesn't penalize folk who worked someone who didn't submit a log, B and N
should only penalize when a cross-referencing of logs provides clear
evidence something went wrong.

There are three possibilities:

1. the log-checking is in error.
2. you did work 8P1A, but logged the RST or zone wrongly (considering most
loggers autofill, getting the zone wrong seems unlikely.)
3. your log shows a wrong call (8P1W, 8P1S).

If your log is wrong, 8P1A wouldn't know that, so LOTW would "confirm" the
Q.

That you got a B suggests you are in his log, but that the log-checking has,
rightly or wrongly, found something incorrect in yours. If you weren't in
his log, then you should get an N (and of course not be confirmed on LOTW).

73, kelly
ve4xt