Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results

To: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,"W2RU - Bud Hippisley" <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:33:33 -0000
What are the numbers Jim? The ARRL claims, on their website, 152,000 members.
How many members on this list? How many members at contesting.com ? I
participate in every 'major' contest and I don't see/hear a big drop off in
participation. I had a couple of good, sustained, runs during the recent QSO
parties weekend indicating there are still a lot of contesters out there.

In the May QST 17 of the first 27 pages are advertising and pages 106 to 170
are basically all advertising. I think that is 81 pages of advertising. There
are 10 pages of operating activities, 3 of which are 2005 SSCW, plus 5 pages of
DX stuff.

I hate to sound like a 'bean-counter' but operating activities are getting 11%
of the non-advertising space and DXing is getting 5%. That may just be the
right amount.

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia