Re: [CQ-Contest] W6AM Pictures

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W6AM Pictures
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:25:21 -0500
>From Dennis' "A Field Trip to W6AM" web page:

> Confirmed visitors that day: N8BJQ, NE6I, W6MKB,
> WA6OTU (pretty sure he was there!), N6TJ (host),
> N6VI and lots of others. If you were there that
> day, please let me know.

Yaa, that's me in that photo.  Back when I was svelt.

> At the recent urging of a few SCCCers, I posted pictures on the web from a
> 1986 tour of the legendary Don Wallace, W6AM super station.

> To Mark, N5OT, please chip in with your memories of that day.

Thanks for posting the photos Dennis.  I still think of Don's shack when I
daydream about what is possible for an amateur DXing installation.  I don't
have any particular memories about that day that you haven't recounted.  I
know there were at least 20 SCCC club members there.  I remember the racks
of single band amplifiers, the overhead switching grid just outside - all
open wire and relays, and that big rotary switch to connect the amps to the
rhombics which must have been quite a hardwired matrix to get all the right
relays up and down the line to switch at the right time without blowing
anything up!  Wow.

I remember Neiger when he had dark hair!

Mark, N5OT (ex-WA6OTU)