Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: k3bu@optonline.net
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:46:48 +0000 (GMT)

> It does take a awful long time. What is your solution?
>
> - 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

CQ WW Contest Committee knows where is the bottleneck and could perhaps shed
some light on it and see how it could be fixed.
My solution and one we are trying to implement in Tesla Cup is to:
1. Get all the logs emailed or snailmailed within 14 days after the contest.
2. After this deadline, list all the claimed scores in categories and have the
logs available for viewing by all entrants.
3. Give another 14 days for any comments, corrections (not log data).
4. Have the Contest Committee process the corrections and check the logs for
another say 14 days and publish the results and UBN reports.
5. Allow 7 days for any last minute corrections, finalize it all and do the
write up for magazine.
We have the brain and computer power to do the Real Time Scoreboards (RTS)
reporting, but we need 9 months to ferment and process the contest results in
this Internet era?
To me the RTS is useless and I will never participate in it. But I would sure
love to know the contest results ASAP, it can only help especially newcomers,
who wonder why so looooong?
73 Yuri, K3BU