[CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: "James Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:11:30 -0400
I don't see why this (Single Operator using a real-time scoreboard) even merits
"discussion."

How could anyone assert that a "single operator" entrant who looks at a
real-time contest scoreboard via the internet, packet, etc. is NOT "assisted?"

In my opinion, the only contest categories with any legitimacy are Single
Operator (strictly defined and enforced) and Unlimited. All the other
categories are mere constructs.

Time to read "Alice in Wonderland" again.

Jim Cain, K1TN/9

>Dear Fellow Contester,

>The CQ WW Contest Committee is discussing whether use of real-time contest
>scoreboards is likely to convey information about band openings and profitable
>tactics to an extent that participants using the scoreboards should be
>categorized as assisted. The 2006 CQ WW contest rules have already been
>published and they will govern the 2006 contests.

>We welcome your comments on this, and suggest the possibility of also
sending the comments to the CQ-Contest reflector so that others can
see them and possibly follow up.