Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: <k2kw-8@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 6:24:03 -0700
It's OK to have a Real Time Scoreboard in WRTC, but not OK for CQWW or other
contests?

I agree with K1TTT, there is no real-time data that is usefull for a serious
op, and surely would not alter my strategy.  I think the scoreboard brings a
fun factor for many ops, including me.  For example, I don't generally get on
for a lot of contests, yet I'm always looking at DX Summit just to see what
band conditions are like, and I closely monitor 3830 reports to see who did
well.  It would be fun to see how my buddies are doing real-time while I'm
doing work around the house and take a quick break to see what's up.

K1TTT also makes the distinction that's important:  looking at the data  vs.
sending the data.  At a minimum, sending data should be allowed by the SO, as
they are not using the data themselves, but adding to the fun for others.

I see nothing wrong with the scoreboard, but if there's concern, limit the
visible data to some extent.

Kenny K2KW