Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics

To: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:57:45 -0500 (CDT)
The entire purpose of using phonetics is so the other guy gets your
information correct.  I would only use standard phonetics in a DX contest,
where the other person may not speak very good English, but in a domestic
contest such as Sweepstakes I don't see any reason not to have some fun
AS LONG AS the other stations get my call correct.

I don't care what phonetics are used as long as I copy what you're trying
to communicate. For example, November Six Hot Chocolate worked quite well
at this end.

73, Zack W9SZ