Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW defined "single op"

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW defined "single op"
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:45:57 -0000
OK, so here's my beef. If that's so cut and dried, why does one contest
sponsor declare that a single op using spotting networks is assisted in one
contest while, in another, calls the same thing a "multi-op"? ARRL DX
contests have SO assisted class but the 10M contest doesn't. I don't mind
being assisted but it's just not sensible for me, as one person with one
radio, to be declared a multi-op and have to be compete with that class of
station. This is a case of an apple being an orange at certain times.

73 -- Paul VO1HE