Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: mike@mallardcove.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: "Gerry Hull" <windev@inetmarket.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:50:24 -0500
Mike,

Certainly, a web page is only one delivery mechanism for scores.    When I
designed www.getscores.org, I built it using what's called "Web Services".
This is a programming interface which allows anyone, anywhere to get at the
scoring data.   In fact, both the posting of scores to www.getscores.org,
and the display of scores on the web page, are the results of calling this
Web Service.

My point being: It's simply a matter of coding.   Those who want to embed a
scores page in the logging software can do so by simply calling the Web
services API (An open-source SOAP based API, for the programmers out
there).   Talk to your favorite software vendor about it.

I'm putting the finishing touches on an app that uses  data from N1MMLogger
the Getscores Web Service API to plot data in realtime... QSOs, Mults, Score
-- so you can really see how your doing against a competitor.

73, Gerry, W1VE

PS.  That web service can be extended to support real time log checking!  An
interesting concept for an "internet scored" contest like a sprint!