Re: [CQ-Contest] Log-checking and RST [was: cut numbers]

To: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log-checking and RST [was: cut numbers]
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 10:53:23 -0500
> From: "Ev Tupis" <w2ev@yahoo.com>
> .
>
>> If your ARRL 10 Meter contest log shows a QSO with W2EV and
>> a received RST of "59", it is a bust.
>>

> It's not a bust.  The reality is that, in ARRL (and CQ) HF
> contests, all that matters is that your Cabrillo QSO records
> show valid reports, regardless of the actual reports (if any)
> that were sent or received.
>
> Reports are ignored for cross-checking purposes.
>
> A rule without a penalty is not a rule. It's a request or a
> recommendation - take your pick.
>
> 73 & HNY,
> Paul EI5DI

I find it very amusing that people make statements about how logs are
(or are not) checked without any information to support their
assertions.  I am part of the logchecking team for the ARRL 10M contest
and know for a fact that in regards to that contest (and the ARRL 160 as
well) that he is wrong.  I'm curious as to what he bases his statements
on, because I know he's never contacted the logchecking team to get the
actual answer.

Dave/K8CC