Re: [CQ-Contest] Jay Seven Oh Jay - so...are you changing your log?

To: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>,"CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Jay Seven Oh Jay - so...are you changing your log?
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:17:16 -0000
Ward as you may have figured out I am a stubborn, crotchety, ole fart. A
contest, to me, means I pit my skills, such as they are, against your
skills. If I use packet then I'm using the skills of a lot of other folks.
There is no challenge/skill in shooting ducks in a barrel. I've tried to use
packet and it is to confusing for me, I have my own plan on S&P and I don't
like deviating from it. I also don't believe in 'post' editing. Get it right
the first time and then you don't have to fix anything. I submit my logs
within minutes of being done with a contest and let the chips fall where
they may.
All that being said it appears I totally blew 2 calls during the contest and
I can't use the excuse of packet. While going back through my log to get
data for the ES5 thing I came across J70J. Since I wasn't using packet my
only excuse is senility. I can't even imagine why/how I would have typed 0
unless I was ass/um/ing.
I would never consider changing the log for any reason, so I'll just take my
lumps. At this stage of the game, for me, I'm not going to get any better
than I was last weekend.
Best 73

MAL
N7MAL