Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: dave@ka1n.cn
Date: 20 Mar 2007 20:20:55 -0000
My view was that "equipment" included anything used to convert a signal into
what is heard by operator?s ear, or converted the operator?s volitional acts
(e.g. taps, finger twitches, or spoken words) into a signal.  So, if any part
of these things is outside the circle, then the operation was no good.  But, it
seems that based on KC1J?s statement, I might be, as a legal matter, wrong on
that.  Instead, "equipment" does not include the internet.

But, the impression that I am getting from most of you is that a m/m in some
rare location doesn?t actually need to bring their operators to that location,
but can simply "distribute" them throughout the world.  The ops won?t have to
contend with travel times, time changes, climates, and all the miseries of
travel.

73, Dave
      KA1NCN
Dave@KA1N.CN