Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:38:07 -0700
Hi Dave et al.

But what if I didn't care if I came in first or last?  Or wasn't even
figuring on sending in a log?  All I was wanting to do is "have fun."  Isn't
that what contesting is all about?  If not, why the heck would I enter when
I know for sure I'm not going to win anything.

I think the technology is there to set up a remote station, but win--don't
think so, at least not yet.  Too many things can go haywire during a contest
to be doing it long distance.  73
Tom W7WHY