Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: Dave@KA1N.CN
Date: 18 Mar 2007 19:49:46 -0000
K2DB,

>  Should I have to walk there to operate, or stay home in Rochester, watch the
> snow melt and contest in the BARTG contest?

I don?t know the rules of the BARTG contest.  But, on principle, I say that yes
-- you should have to walk, swim, levitate, fly, or whatever to operate from
your station.  There are some physical difficulties in contesting, and we all
must live with them.  Of course, for many, getting to a physically
difficult-to-access place might be fun, and it makes the experience all the
richer.

But, in the grand scheme of things, since the difference between one part of
upstate New York and another is minimal, and most people don?t particularly
care, apart from maybe county hunters.

73, Dave
      KA1NCN
Dave@KA1N.CN

PS:  I would be interested in seeing ideas for a "distributed" contest, where
everyone is operating from places ? at least ? 200 miles from the station.
This would be a great test of technology.
.