Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules - Getting out of hand

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules - Getting out of hand
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:57:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul J. Piercey p.piercey@nl.rogers.com

To me, it's all about working the operator and not the radio. If your radio is
in Timbuktu and you
are in Texas, you're still an N5 no matter how you slice it.

I think that the operative here is. "To me, ..."

To contest sponsors and governmental authorities - within the context of this
thread - the place where the RF comes from carries the weight.  I would be in
just as much trouble operating in-person from the "radio quiet zone" at Aricebo
as if I was in New York operating a remote transmitter at Aricebo. :)

Ev, W2EV