Re: [CQ-Contest] QST contesting issue idea

To: Robert Naumann <w5ov@w5ov.com>,'CQ Contest' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST contesting issue idea
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:16:51 -0400
There's nothing wrong with the fundamental concepts behind the IARU HF World
Championship - 24 hours, both non-digital modes, points for working everyone,
zone multipliers per band. However, it's what you call "semi-political stuff"
that makes the current IARU contest so bad for the image of all contesters.
It's
hard enough convincing non-contesters and fledging contesters that cheating
isn't rampant in contesting, without having a contest, with such a grandioso
name, where cheating is at best ignored, and at worst condoned.

Bob, as an important player on the CQWW Contest Committee, you and the
committee
would never tolerate any kind of cheating in CQWW, so how can you personally
ignore it in another major contest ?

By the way, there's another contest will all the positive attributes of IARU,
but without the cheating - the Russian DX Contest. Unfortunately, this contest
just hasn't caught on outside of Russia and Europe.

73,
Steve, N2IC