Re: [CQ-Contest] Jay Seven Oh Jay - so...are you changing your log?

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Jay Seven Oh Jay - so...are you changing your log?
From: Doug Smith <w9wi@w9wi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:32:36 -0500
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 17:02 -0600, Dale Putnam wrote:
> So then, it would be completely admissable and acceptable to record
> the entire contest, and utilize any source of information to confirm
> the exchanged info, correct the log, and finally send it along to the
> correct site?

Bill wrote "...re-write the log sheets in order to make the log entries
readable...".  I don't see anything there that states, or suggests,
using any source of information except what's already in the log.

I have recorded the entire contest (while operating mobile & unable to
safely operate a computer) and transcribed it to the computer after the
contest was over.  I consider the process perfectly ethical.  (though
way too much work!)

No outside information was used - I would suggest it would be unethical
to have someone else transcribe the recording, but just fine if the
operator does so him/herself.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66