Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre-emptive QSLing - was:Contesters and LOTW

To: "CQ-Contest MailList" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre-emptive QSLing - was:Contesters and LOTW
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 17:52:35 -0000
Pete

Don has hit the nail firmly on the head. imo most QSLers
fall into his category 1, and will always want pieces of
paper. Why is beyond my ken, but we have to acknowledge that
is the case.

You also highlighted why imo eqsl is superior to LoTW, and
that is because anyone who is in my log can print their own
paper QSL cards from the templet I uploaded.

You are right that it would be nice if one  or more of these
electronic services were universally acceptable for awards
however. Somebody else highlighted why LoTW has a way to go
to achieve universal acceptance, and that is ARRL require us
to jump through hoops by sending copies of our licences to
them. Frankly I do not need to prove to ARRL who I am, and
since I am also an ARRL member that is even more galling.
Any chance that you could lobby for improvement in this area
;-)

73

Clive
GW3NJW