Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status
From: n6hc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:12:15 -0500
I think it is a sad state of affairs when there seem to be so many individuals
on this reflector that can't seem to get their arms around the concept of
HELPING SOMEONE ELSE during the contest to enjoy the contesting experience by
posting rare multipliers.??They all seem to be so focused on THEMSELVES that
the concept of a helping hand is foreign.? This is the world we live in today.?
(sigh)? Not everyone can/will win the contest but we can ALL ENJOY the
contest.? I don't see the other contesting participants as RIVALS;? I see them
as fellow amateurs reveling in the experience of a yearly event.? I look
forward to participating in each contest and helping every one of the
like-minded contesters that I have the pleasure of contacting by adding to
their QSO total or providing them with a needed multiplier.? BTW...I have only
entered the single op assisted class once (just to try the bandmapping feature
of my logging software).? I enjoy searching for multipliers the old fashion
 way.? But I have no difficulty UNDERSTANDING the posting of stations playing
in the contest by those individuals who?enter in the assisted (Unlimited)
category.
What a selfish world we live in!
My two cents. YMMV
Arnie? N6HC