Re: [CQ-Contest] SOxR -- Enough Already

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SOxR -- Enough Already
From: "Chris Plumblee" <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:07:56 -0500
--Quoting W6WRT--

A station with only one radio can not compete against one with two.
Other factors being equal, they will lose every time, just as an LP
station will lose to an HP station every time.

--End Quote--

This argument was raised on the RTTY reflector some months ago, and
with all due respect to W6WRT I think it is incorrect.

Exhibit A: The September 2006 CW Sprint. K1TO finishes in 4th place
with one radio and four band changes
http://ncjweb.com/cwsprint092006.pdf

Exhibit B: The 2007 WPX SSB Contest. K1TO operating NJ4M has the high
claimed score for SOABHP, once again with one radio
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2007-05/msg00004.html

It seems, at least from my seat way down the totem pole, that contest
scoring is a measure of time efficiency. SO2R is a characteristic of
high efficiency, but does not guarantee the highest efficiency.

73,
Chris WF3C/4
Orlando, FL