Re: [CQ-Contest] Regarding Check Numbers...

To: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Regarding Check Numbers...
From: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:48:08 -0800 (PST)
Hi Mike,

My point in this is that the rules state "the last 2
digits of the year first licensed" but people have
stated publically on the reflector that they use other
checks, and the ARRL has stated that they don't care
what you send, and will not enforce this rule.  If
that is true, then why include that line in the
contest rules?  If they truely don't care, then just
say the check is "any 2 digit number you care to send"
in the rules?

73s John AA5JG