[CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:05:44 -0700 (PDT)
>Sure, fantastic software indeed, and you are demonstrating what it is
>capable of. Perhaps the most profound implication is that it can render
>the use of DX clusters irrelevant, and therefore - at a stroke- deprive
>the cheats of their ( currently enjoyed) edge.

I think you have it backwards.  The Skimmer will allow those who use packet
while claiming unassisted to fade into the background.  Because the Skimmer
will display decoded calls and all I have to do as an unassisted operator is
click on them to work them, I can work them a helluva lot faster than actually
having to go find them myself.  Which is exactly the same as clicking packet
spots.  It will be VERY difficult to determine who is cheating w/packet and who
is not.

Phone contests may be the new true test of operator skill in the future.

Scott W4PA