Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer test to shut down

To: "Kevin Stockton" <n5dx2005@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer test to shut down
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:44:54 +0500
Kevin, I am not speaking on behalf of RDXC  committee. Just my own opinion.
In order for any QSO to be counted as valid both, a call sign and control
number have to be recorded in the log. I suppose you can get the call sign
of the station that calls you and you do not hear with the help of N4ZR
skimmer but you will not get control number that way and you will not hear
the confirmation that the station got your control number. What would you
record in the log then to claim points for such a qso? I think that use of
skimmer in this particular contest does not differ from use of DX cluster
and therefore does not violate contest rules.
Again it is just my own opinion, but there is nothing that calls for contest
committee comments.

73, Igor UA9CDC