Re: [CQ-Contest] the SECOND GENUINE advantage with Skimmer (still nojoke

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] the SECOND GENUINE advantage with Skimmer (still nojoke)
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:09:54 -0000
The biggest advantage I see coming from the CW Skimmer is the ability for a
single operator to operate a M/M station alone. Set up a CW Skimmer on each
of the bands. Bounce from band to band picking off mults as you run on your
favourite band. Change run bands to follow propagation and Skim the band you
just left. SOxR would be easily accomplished at one of these mega-stations
and you'd never miss a band opening.

Would I consider this to be a truly SO operation? Sure, as long as the
operator had no external help from other operators/Skimmers who provide
spots and all applicable rules were met. Be a nightmare to police though.

73 -- Paul VO1HE