Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW contest analysis database

To: <mail@fkurz.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW contest analysis database
From: Denis Pochuev - K7GK <k7gk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:49:49 -0800
Fascinating stuff, Fabian, thanks for sharing.

Just for fun I pulled out US top 20 from your raw scores and compared with the
final top 20.

CQWW Official Results

1  K1LZ............6,796,620
2  K5ZD/1..........6,666,975
3  K1DG............5,751,568
4  K3CR............5,697,146
5  NN4TO...........5,366,740
6  N2IC/5..........4,371,558
7  W9RE ...........3,904,510
8  K3ZM/4..........3,808,512
9  K5GO ...........3,801,060
10 N2LT............3,655,708

11 W6YI............3,380,952
12 AA1K/3 .........3,121,986
13 WXØB/5..........2,808,162
14 K3ZO............2,729,524
15 K8GL ...........2,606,080
16 W2RU ...........2,320,928
17 N4TB ...........2,295,780
18 K7RL ...........2,224,200
19 K6XX ...........2,177,980
20 N6TV ...........2,120,760

DJ1YFK's scale

1  027707519 K5ZD   +1
2  027241245 K1LZ   -1
3  023557571 NN4TO  +2
4  025534096 K1DG   =
5  023211981 K3CR   -1
6  020693534 N2IC   =
7  019638634 W6YI   +4
8  018766008 K3ZM   =
9  018571781 K5GO   =
10 018392584 W9RE   -3

11 016702079 N2LT   -1
12 015984732 N6TV   +8
13 015328095 AA1K   -1
14 015215783 K7RL   +4
15 014693827 WX0B   -2
16 014425134 K6XX   +3
17 013680842 K7GK   +4
18 013157488 W2RU   -2
19 013052561 K3ZO   -5
20 012914483 KO7AA  +2

Not surprisingly, all West Coast stations in the top 20 had higher
distance-based rank compared to the actual standings. Now, if we could somehow
take into account EU being a polar path...

73, Denis - K7GK