Re: [CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>, "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 05:30:04 -0000

> Been contesting here for many moons, and for me, it's a hearing thing.  I
> think as people get older, hearing becomes more of a problem.  Younger
> guys
> have better hearing than us OF's.
>
> Tom W7WHY

There's more and more of that going around.

In CW mode I can tailor and tweak the sidetone, use APF, and other sorts of
tricks to "hit the sweet spot" in these old eardrums.

But even with thousands of dollars of "aid and assistance" in each ear,
phone contests are getting to the point of punishment, not enjoyment.  I'm
not likely to be in many more. This isn't a "CW snob" thing at all, but a
simply physical fact.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his Radio"